Our Mission: The editorial mission of SouthBeachDiet.com is to provide accurate, timely, and reliable information about the South Beach Diet with the goal of helping people lose weight and improve their health and well-being. The site adheres to the highest standards of journalistic integrity, relying on peer-reviewed medical journals and highly respected health organizations and institutions as primary sources of information. Dr. Agatston and the Web site's editorial team maintain complete editorial independence and control over content. No unrelated partners or sponsors are permitted to change content or to influence the selection of content (see Advertising Policy).
Our Team: The SouthBeachDiet.com editors work in partnership with Dr. Arthur Agatston, M.D., leading preventive cardiologist and author of The South Beach Diet and The South Beach Heart Health Revolution and his team at South Beach Diet, LLC. The site is published and maintained by Everyday Health, Inc.
Where Does Our Content Come From?
Our content comes from three sources:
- Original Content: All of our original content, such as our Q&As, Meal Plans, Diet Tips, and electronic newsletters, is developed with and approved by Dr. Agatston or a registered dietitian.
- Content by You: Through our Message Boards and other user-generated content, we allow members to submit their own material. We reserve the right to edit, paraphrase, amplify, shorten, and/or put member content into conversational form to meet the requirements of copy and layout, as long as the general sentiments remain the same. We also reserve the right to edit or delete posts we deem offensive, inaccurate, or misleading, or that do not comply with our Terms of Service. If a member posts something misleading, we'll make our best effort to identify and delete it, but readers should be aware that member-generated content is NOT independently verified and is not subjected to our medical and editorial review.
- Licensed Content: SouthBeachDiet.com licenses appropriate recipes from third parties for publication on the site. A Registered Dietitian reviews third party recipes for consistency with South Beach Diet recipe guidelines.
Our Editorial Process: Site editors work in partnership with Dr. Agatston and his team at South Beach Diet, LLC to determine stories of interest, new site initiatives, and long-term goals.
Links to Other Sites: Some links on SouthBeachDiet.com leave our site in order to access another site (the "Linked Sites). Everyday Health, Inc. provides these links as a convenience, but we neither control nor endorse these Linked Sites, nor has Everyday Health, Inc. reviewed or approved the content which appears on the Linked Sites. Everyday Health, Inc. is not responsible for the legality, accuracy or inappropriate nature of any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from any Linked Sites.
Corrections Policy: SouthBeachDiet.com promptly corrects or clarifies content when necessary. Such revisions may apply to any of our original content, including, but not limited to, feature articles, diet tips, recipes, and food lists. Any corrections to licensed or third-party content are the responsibility of the creators of that content, although we make our best efforts to notify them of errors we become aware of.
Feedback: Please send comments and questions about the site or our editorial policy via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updates to This Policy: We will review this policy frequently and revise it periodically. If we make changes to this policy, we will post the updated policy here. This policy's effective date will be identified at the bottom of the page.
Editorial policy last updated March 2011
Advertising Policy: "Advertising" includes banners, graphics, buttons, contextual Advertising, Sponsored Content, and Promotions. SouthBeachDiet.com has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of this policy and all other issues associated with Advertising on SouthBeachDiet.com. SouthBeachDiet.com may change this policy at any time in its sole discretion by posting a revised Advertising Policy to the Web site.
Advertisers whose Advertising appears on SouthBeachDiet.com are required to provide Advertising that is accurate, in good taste, and otherwise complies with the South Beach Diet guidelines. The Advertisers are responsible for the material in their Advertising.
The following guidelines apply to the Advertising:
- South Beach Diet, LLC has sole discretion for determining the types of Advertising that will be accepted and displayed on SouthBeachDiet.com, and its acceptance of any Advertisement shall not be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that manufactures, distributes, or promotes such product(s) or service(s).
- South Beach Diet, LLC reviews all Advertisers and Advertisements to provide that products advertised comply with South Beach Diet guidelines.
- South Beach Diet, LLC acknowledges a commercial relationship with our partner Rodale. The editors at SouthBeachDiet.com do not create content for our partner sites.
- South Beach Diet, LLC will not accept Advertising that, in its opinion, is not factually accurate and in good taste. Advertising must not contain fraudulent, deceptive, or offensive material, including material that misrepresents, ridicules, or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or handicap.
- Advertising must not be related to any of the following: alcohol, firearms, ammunition, fireworks, gambling, pornography, tobacco, or the simulation of news or an emergency, or for illegal or objectionable products (as determined by South Beach Diet, LLC).
- Advertisers must only offer products or services that are readily available for purchase at the advertised price (with noted tax and delivery fees). The Advertising must also clearly identify the advertiser. Any Advertising that South Beach Diet LLC believes could be misconstrued as editorial content will be labeled as Advertising.
- SouthBeachDiet.com and South Beach Diet, LLC recognize and maintain a distinct separation between Advertising content and editorial and decision-making content. All Advertising content on the SouthBeachDiet.com shall be clearly and unambiguously identified as such (in accord with industry standards). Clicking on the ad will link to an advertiser's site. SouthBeachDiet.com and South Beach Diet, LLC are not responsible for the content on the advertiser's site.
Advertising policy last updated March 2011