Halloween is traditionally a day reserved for horror movies, scary costumes, and, of course, candy — and lots of it! As a South Beach dieter, you’re already setting a good example for your family by avoiding unhealthy Halloween treats. But this year, why not go a step further and skip buying the candy altogether. There are plenty of healthy treats (including nonfood goodies) that trick-or-treaters will enjoy and that their parents will definitely appreciate.
Here are six South Beach Diet-friendly treats to hand out on Halloween:
- Individual packages of trans-fat free "fish" crackers or animal crackers
- Organic lollipops made with real fruit extracts
- Small bags of trans-fat-free popcorn
- Individual boxes of raisins
- Halloween-themed pens, pencils, erasers, stickers, bubbles, rings, or bracelets
- South Beach Diet Good to Go Bars