More South Beach Diet Recipes
The South Beach Diet is truly a food lover's diet. Here's why: Every day, you'll enjoy irresistible meals, snacks, and even dessert (yes, every day!). The food tastes great, but it's also designed to satisfy your appetite, so you won't be hungry. The South Beach Diet is unlike any other weight-loss plan you've ever tried!
Imagine eating this way and losing weight! Whether you're looking for a convenient lunch, an on-the-go snack, a quick-and-easy weeknight meal, or a gourmet dinner, you'll find what you're looking for at SouthBeachDiet.com.
Greet-the-Sun Breakfast Pizzas
Prep time: 10 minutes | Start to finish: 20 minutes | Serves: 4
Pizza for breakfast? Why not? It's especially tasty when topped with a sunny-side-up egg and veggies. Quarter or halve the recipe for just one or two pizzas, and try shredded part-skim mozzarella instead of feta, if you like. (Phase 2)
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 ounces packed spinach (4 cups)
- 2 (6-inch) whole-grain pitas, halved horizontally
- 2 large plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled (1⁄3 cup)
13 g total fat (3.5 g sat)
21 g carbohydrate
13 g protein
3 g fiber
500 mg sodium
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat. Add spinach, in batches if necessary, and cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Brush inside of each pita round with 1 teaspoon oil. Place pita rounds, oiled side up, on a large baking sheet and bake until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Divide tomatoes and spinach evenly among pita halves, leaving an empty space in the center of each for an egg. Crack 1 egg into the center of each pita. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, return to the oven, and bake until yolks are lightly set, 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and continue baking until cheese has softened, about 2 minutes more. Serve warm.