More South Beach Diet Recipes
The South Beach Diet is truly a food lover's diet. Here's why: Every day, you'll enjoy irresistible meals, snacks, and even dessert (yes, every day!). The food tastes great, but it's also designed to satisfy your appetite, so you won't be hungry. The South Beach Diet is unlike any other weight-loss plan you've ever tried!
Imagine eating this way and losing weight! Whether you're looking for a convenient lunch, an on-the-go snack, a quick-and-easy weeknight meal, or a gourmet dinner, you'll find what you're looking for at SouthBeachDiet.com.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Start to Finish: 30 minutes | Serves: 12 (2-piece servings)
The not-too-sweet, deep nutty flavor — topped with a touch of fruit — is perfect for kids young and old. In fact, these cookies are so good that you'll need to remind yourself that one serving's the limit. (Phase 2)
- 3/4 cup granular sugar substitute
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy trans-fat-free peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar-free jam, any flavor
11 g total fat (2.5 g sat)
7 g carbohydrate
6 g protein
1 g fiber
210 mg sodium
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix sugar substitute, egg, and vanilla with an electric mixer set on low for 3 minutes. Add peanut butter and baking soda. Mix on medium until dough comes together, about 30 seconds.
- Form dough into 24 (2-teaspoon) balls and place on baking sheet 1 inch apart. Gently press your thumb into the center of each to make an indentation. Fill each indentation with 1/2 teaspoon jam.
- Bake until lightly browned on the bottom, 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.